Retired Brother Dream Machine 2 XV8550D
Luxury in every detail
Brother's Dream Machine 2 XV8550D is the second incarnation of THE Dream Machine—the ultimate sewing, quilting, embroidery and crafting machine. When Brother created the original Dream Machine, their most advanced machine ever, few believed it could be surpassed. Yet their visionary designers never stopped dreaming. Now, with THE Dream Machine 2 they bring you a machine that is even more enhanced, fine-tuned and graced with refined new features to give serious enthusiasts like yourself an incomparable sewing, embroidery and quilting experience. Are you ready to experience luxury in every detail?
Large 10.1" built-in high definition LCD display – 23% larger than previous Brother screens.
InnovEye 2 technology
It's like having a built-in camera and scanner.
56 square inches of workspace
Our largest needle to arm is a dream for any quilter, with the ability to accommodate a rolled king-sized quilt. 11.25" needle to arm!
Enhanced My Design Center
The newest improvements have the machine recognize embroidery that has already been completed. Background fills of many choices, and stitch attributes can be generated to fill the hoop.
Built-in tutorial videos
Built-in HD tutorials make learning easy! View over 40 tutorial videos directly on the high defintion LCD display, or stream your own creations using the industry standard MP4 format.
Zoom and adjustment features
View your creations in crisp, vivid colour and watch them become larger with the zoom function of up to 800% within My Design Center.
Larger, more defined crystal clear icons, colour navigation, scrolling menu and the ability to view your design properties in preview mode.
ScanImation scanning frame and technology
The industry’s first scanning frame that works directly on your machine. Using InnovEye 2 technology and our state-of-the-art scanning frame, you can scan drawings and printed clip art directly into My Design Center.
Snowman embroidery positioning marker
Our beloved Snowman Embroidery Positioning Marker offers 9 options for alignment of embroidery designs. Pair with InnovEye 2 Technology to automatically position the design for precise embroidery placement.
Thanks to InnovEye 2 Technology, embroidery design connection is easy and more precise. Combined with the Snowman Embroidery Positioning Marker, you can reposition your design many times in many directions. Perfect for aligning designs for borders and quilt blocks.
MY DESIGN CENTER: Turn just about anything into embroidery data
Line art scan and embroider
Use the industry-first InnovEye 2 technology to scan handwriting or line art on the industry-first ScanImation scanning frame, and then watch as they are transformed into unique embroidery designs.
Illustration scan & embroider
Scan an image or illustration on the ScanImation scanning frame. Or, import a JPEG using the USB port, and watch in amazement as the image is turned into stitch data using just the machine.
V-Sonic pen for sewing & embroidery
The V-Sonic Pen system uses ultrasonic technology to allow you to control several functions right on your fabric, so you can reduce the need to look away from your project. When sewing, easily make adjustments to needle position, set stitch width and position, select sewing end point and set laser guide position. When embroidering, easily adjust the design if the fabric has been hooped crooked.
Droplight LED embroidery positioning marker
Trying to guess where to drop the needle is a nightmare of the past! Use the embroidery foot with LED pointer to easily see your needle drop position – critical for embroidery. You can check the embroidery field easily with the trial key and the LED pointer. Also helpful while using the stitch forward and backward keys
Sew straight 2 laser vision guide
Sewing straight has never been easier with the built-in laser guide. Now it’s even easier with the bright laser line for easier viewing on darker fabrics, and a wide range that extends up to 19mm. With double the brightness and manual adjustment, you will be able to see this guideline on virtually any fabric you can imagine.
Muvit digital dual feed system
No more puckering! Feeding fabric has never been smoother! Powerfully feed fabric from the top AND bottom and sew precise, uniform stitches on a range of fabrics, from silk to denim.
- Hardware Type: Computerised Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- Separate Drive for Bobbin Winding: Yes
- LCD Display: Colour LCD
- Lighting: LED 10inch Lighting
- Stitch Select Display: Touch Panel
- MAX Embroidery Area: 360 x 240mm
- MAX Embroidery Speed: 1,050 spm
- Standard Hoops: 4 (240x360, 200x300,130x180,100x 100)
- Built-in Embroidery Patterns: 969 Designs (included 166 Disney character)
- Built-in Embroidery Fonts: 22 (incl. 3 Japanese fonts, 2 Cryllic)
- Pattern Rotating: 0.1, 1, 10, or 90 degrees
- 1/4 inch Piecing Foot: Yes
- Free Motion Quilting Foot: Yes
- Walking Foot: Optional
- Stitch Number: 762
- Feed Dog: 7, longer ver
- Standard Presser Feet: 16
- MAX Sewing Speed: 1,050 spm
- Built-in Sewing Patterns: 726
- Button Hole Patterns: 15 one-step + 1 four-step
- Button Hole Method: 15 one-step, 1 four-step
- Built-in Sewing Fonts: 5 (3 alphabet 1 Japanese 1 Cryllic)
- Stitch Width: 7mm
- Stitch Length: 5mm
- My Custom Stitch: Yes (Advanced)
- Side Feeding: Yes
- Start-Stop Button: Yes
- Speed Controller: Yes
- Foot Controller: Yes, Multi-Function FC
- Twin Needle Setting Key: Yes
- Drop Feed: Yes
- Presser Foot Pressure Adjustment: Yes
- Bobbin Type: Horizontal
- Quick Set Bobbin: Yes (Easy)
- Needle Position Key: up/down
- Work Area: 309cm2
- Thread Tension: Auto
- Needle Threader: Fully Automatic
- Thread Sensor: Upper and bobbin
- Thread Cutter: Auto
- Interface: 2 Hosts and 1 Slave
- Digital Media: Several media via USB, Embroidery Card Reader
- Wide Table: Optional
- WEIGHT AND MEASURES
- Size: 662(D)x321(W)x348(H)mm
- Weight: 29.3 Kg
- Warranty: 5 Years Return To Base