Servicing and Repairs
Bring your machine into one of our listed locations for a service or repair! Our qualified machine technicians will get it stitching at its very best for optimal performance and longevity.
What we'll check
Our standard service includes:
- Sew test
- Check and clean—we'll remove all internal and external build-up, vermin or infestation
- Module service—we'll inspect test and position all modules
- Oil and lubricant—we'll inspect and lubricate gears, shafts, bushes and bearings
- Service mode adjustments
- Tension test
- Check machine software version and update where required
Regular servicing is vital to get the best out your machine. It will extend its life and boost performance. Even if you're not using your machine heavily you should aim to service it every 12 to 18 months to keep its working parts well-lubricated and operational.
Machines we service
- Home sewing/embroidery machines
- Brother PR or PQ series machines (semi-industrial)
We specialise in Brother and Babylock machines and service all brands including Janome, Bernina, Pfaff, Husqvarna, Bernette and more.
Warranties and repairs
Our Capalaba store is an Authorised Warranty Repair Centre for Brother machines. If your Brother machine is under warranty we can carry out warranty repairs provided you can supply proof of purchase.
Book in your machine
To book in your machine contact your nearest Echidna store location and arrange a time to drop in your machine.
- Capalaba store | (07) 3390 3600
- We service machines dropped into our Capalaba store on-site.
- Learn more & book in now →
- Sunshine Coast
- Mooloolaba store | (07) 5444 0788
- We service machines dropped in at Echidna Mooloolaba at our Capalaba store - this is a fortnightly drop-off and pick-up service at no extra cost.
- Glen Waverley store | (03) 9560 7013
- We have a mechanic ready to service all brands of machines. Drop off and pickup on Wednesdays. No need to book. If you have any questions, simply contact us.
We aim to complete your repair or service as quickly as possible and can advise how long we expect to take at the time of booking.
What to bring
- Your machine
- Dust cover, hard cover or trolley bag (recommended)
- Foot pedal and cables - if your machine does not have a figure 8 plug
- Sewing Bobbin Case & Sewing Foot
- Embroidery Bobbin Case & Embroidery Foot (if relevant)
- Bobbin Thread (If you use something other than Echidna Pre-Wound)
We use Hemingworth embroidery thread and/or Rasant polyester/cotton thread to test your machine. If you usually use a different thread brand and would prefer we set tensions to suit your thread, please bring it in for us and we'll be happy to oblige.
Depending on what you're getting serviced we can advise on any additional items to bring.