Fold Over Tote Bag
Create a fold over tote bag for yourself or someone else. This bag is great for carrying your belongings and is also perfect for school books, library books and the like.
This project tutorial uses sewing, embroidery and other techniques and is ideal for those at an intermediate to advanced level. The bag has many elements to it such as leather trims, mock welt pocket, etc. You can choose to create it with or without these elements.
- 1m of fabric (We used the same fabric for inner & outer bag, pocket, handles then added embellishments)
- 1 x Kimberbell Faux Leather Navy
- 1m of 640 Pellon or Interfacing
- Frixion Marker or Chalk Pencil
- Rasant thread
- Aussie Flora Designs (or an embroidery design of your choice)
- Cutaway stabilizer (4" bigger than largest hoop)
- Echidna Clips
- Echidna Sewing Scissors
- 1 x Magnetic Closure (available from your local craft or hardware store)
- 2 x Stainless Steel Key Rings (available from your local hardware store)
Embroidery embellishment on tote bag (optional)
- Bobbin thread
- Softlight Mercerised Cotton (to achieve matte finish)
- Cutaway stabilizer
DONATE SOME TO A CHARITY
These tote bags can also be donated to charity. If you want to contribute to a great cause, the charities listed below accept handmade tote bags. Just send your creations in to the mailing address provided.
Are you a charity that would accept this item? Contact us to have your details added here.
Share The Dignity
PO Box 345
Sandgate QLD 4017
Free Echidna Designs
We're excited to offer our free Echidna designs available for download. These free designs are perfect for those at a beginner or an advanced level. Add these designs to your stash and create incredible embroidery!
Download free designs
Sewing, Quilting and Embroidery Machines
Interested in learning how to sew, quilt or embroider? Take a look at the innovative Brother machines available for purchase at Echidna Sewing. Wherever possible we will beat any deal and you will always receive ongoing service and support!
Find out more >
Learn to Sew or Embroider with Echidna Sewing
Come along to our fun-filled classes to learn more about sewing, embroidery and crafting. Classes cater for all skill levels, whether you're just starting out or already have advanced knowledge.
Find out more >
Echidna project material/ fabric requirements are an indication only and can seem to be generous. This has been intentional. Should you make a cutting or embroidery mistake you will have sufficient fabric to rectify your error.