Sew your very own beanie, or even create one for a friend! Use your own choice of fabric to show off your style, and choose a texture suitable for you. If you're looking to create a super warm cuddly beanie, polar fleece is a great choice. That is what we have used to create our beanie.
This project is perfect for beginners and any sewist up to an advanced level.
- Polar Fleece fabric
- Matching thread
- Sewing machine
- Overlocker (optional)
- Beanie pattern →
Don't have an overlocker? Use a built-in zig zag stitch on your machine to finish off the edges to stop the fabric from fraying.
- Cut out your fabric pieces including 2 beanie pieces and 2 band pieces. Start with the beanie.
- Fold your beanie piece over and stitch along the top cornered edge. You may want to overlock this edge to ensure it doesn’t fray.
- Repeat for the second beanie piece.
- With right sides together pin and then stitch 1/4” around the curved edge.
- Pin together the band, right sides facing. Stitch 1/4” down both sides.
- Fold the band down to the right side. Fold the beanie inside out to the right side. Place the raw edges of the beanie bottom and band together and stitch 1/4” along the band. Overlock this edge so that it doesn’t fray.
- Fold the band down and iron the edges flat to complete your beanie.
DONATE SOME TO A CHARITY
These beanies can also be donated to charity. If you want to contribute to a great cause, the charities listed below accept handmade beanies. Just send your creations in to the mailing address provided.
Are you a charity that would accept this item? Contact us to have your details added here.
PO Box 205
Capalaba QLD 4157
Embroider a badge using the Night Ninja logo and add it to your beanie ready for donation! For those who own a free arm machine, you can embroider the Night Ninja design directly onto the beanie if you wish.
Magic Moments - Grandies
228 Forest Acres Drive
Lake MacDonald QLD 4563
Free Embroidery Designs
We're excited to offer our free Echidna designs available for download. These free designs are perfect for those at a beginner or an advanced level. Add these designs to your stash and create incredible embroidery!
View all free designs >
Sewing, Quilting and Embroidery Machines
Interested in learning how to sew, quilt or embroider? Take a look at the innovative Brother machines available for purchase at Echidna Sewing. Wherever possible we will beat any deal and you will always receive ongoing service and support!
Find out more >
Learn to Sew or Embroider with Echidna Sewing
Come along to our fun-filled classes to learn more about sewing, embroidery and crafting. Classes cater for all skill levels, whether you're just starting out or already have advanced knowledge.
Find out more >
Echidna project material/ fabric requirements are an indication only and can seem to be generous. This has been intentional. Should you make a cutting or embroidery mistake you will have sufficient fabric to rectify your error.