Father's Day Card
Author: Nicole H Date Posted:16 August 2019
Fathers Day is the perfect time for you to get crafty and make something extra special for your dad. Celebrate his special day with a personalised card made with your cutting machine. Use our free design files to make a custom card that is sure to bring a smile to Dad’s face.
Free design file:
- #1 DAD (.svg)
What you will need:
- Download the #1Dad .svg file and save it onto a USB to plug it directly into your cutting machine.
- Place the pre-cut cardstock card on your machine mat. Use masking tape to hold the card firmly in place if needed.
- Load the mat into your machine.
- Load the #1Dad .svg. (If you have a Brother ScanNCut do a quick scan of your mat to make sure the design is positioned correctly on top of the cardstock).
- Adjust your machine settings to allow for the cardstock thickness. (The SDX range of Brother ScanNCut will do this automatically if you if you have enabled this setting)
- Proceed with cutting the design.
- Once the machine has finished cutting your design, unload the mat from the machine and gently remove the cut cardstock.
- Remove any additional cut outs from the card.
- Flip the card so that is open.
- Apply double sided tape or glue to the card as shown.
- Place the colour paper face down on the tape to cover the cut out section and press. Then simply trim off any paper that is hanging over the edge.
- Flip the card back over and your finished. Add a message and give with your gift to dad.
Free Embroidery Designs
We're excited to offer our free Echidna designs available for download. These free designs are perfect for those at a beginner or an advanced level. Add these designs to your stash and create incredible embroidery!
View all free designs >
Sewing, Quilting and Embroidery Machines
Interested in learning how to sew, quilt or embroider? Take a look at the innovative Brother machines available for purchase at Echidna Sewing. Wherever possible we will beat any deal and you will always receive ongoing service and support!
Find out more >
Learn to Sew or Embroider with Echidna Sewing
Come along to our fun-filled classes to learn more about sewing, embroidery and crafting. Classes cater for all skill levels, whether you're just starting out or already have advanced knowledge.
Find out more >
Echidna project material/ fabric requirements are an indication only and can seem to be generous. This has been intentional. Should you make a cutting or embroidery mistake you will have sufficient fabric to rectify your error.