Brother Open Toe Quilting Foot – The large opening on the front of the foot gives you wide visibility in the needle area. Use for free-motion, outline quilting, etc.
- Screw on the Open Toe Quilting Foot, with the pin over the needle clamp screw.
- Lower the feed dogs.
- Use the foot controller so that both hands are free to guide the fabric.
- Select a straight stitch or your preferred stitch such as zigzag stitch.
- Set the fabric under the presser foot.
- While starting to sew, press the needle position button twice to pull the bobbin thread to the quilt top.
- Gently holding the upper and bobbin threads sew about four locking stitches.
- Guide the fabric with both hands while keeping the fabric pulled tight.
- When quilting is finished, sew about four locking stitches and finish the thread ends.
Requires Low Shank Adapter for ULT series, PC-6500, PC-8200 and PC-8500 sewing machines.