Halloween T-shirt Embellishment
Date Posted:15 September 2022
Whip out your sewing machine and get into the Halloween spirit with these Halloween t-shirt embellishments. With three designs to choose from, you’ll have so much fun experimenting with our glow-in-the-dark thread!
This project is great for all levels of sewing, from beginner to advanced.
What you'll need:
- Sewing machine
- Glow in the dark thread (in your chosen colour)
- Sewing Pattern →
- Light Box
- Chalk or Water Soluble Pen
- Fusible Tearaway stabilizer
Choose from 3 spook-tastic patterns!
The steps below are just an overview of the project instructions and must be used in conjunction with the tutorial video. Print these steps out to have beside you when watching the video as a reminder.
- Download and print your desired pattern.
- Iron on a piece of fusible tearaway stabiliser big enough to cover your design, on the inside of the shirt.
- Trace your pattern onto your T-shirt with chalk or a water soluble pen.
- Using a monogramming foot, set your machine to a zig-zag stitch and drop the length to 0.4 and the width to 2.5.
- Pick a point and start stitching. Try to do stitches that don't connect to each other and then stitches that overlap ends to enclose them.
- Use a 3.5 width for outlines.
- Once finished, cut off all the excess threads, and remove the stabiliser.
- If desired, iron on a piece of cover it up on the inside of the shirt covering the stitches to reduce irritation to the skin.
Don’t forget to show us your finished projects on Instagram or Facebook #echidnasewing #madebyme
Free Embroidery Designs
We're excited to offer our free Echidna designs available for download. These free designs are perfect for those at a beginner or an advanced level. Add these designs to your stash and create incredible embroidery!
View all free designs >
Sewing, Quilting and Embroidery Machines
Interested in learning how to sew, quilt or embroider? Take a look at the innovative Brother machines available for purchase at Echidna Sewing. Wherever possible we will beat any deal and you will always receive ongoing service and support!
Find out more >
Learn to Sew or Embroider with Echidna Sewing
Come along to our fun-filled classes to learn more about sewing, embroidery and crafting. Classes cater for all skill levels, whether you're just starting out or already have advanced knowledge.
Find out more >
Echidna project material/ fabric requirements are an indication only and can seem to be generous. This has been intentional. Should you make a cutting or embroidery mistake you will have sufficient fabric to rectify your error.