Store, search and manage all your embroidery designs in your very own 8” Samsung Tablet with the Toucan 2.
Toucan software is an embroidery app designed exclusively to work with the industry leading Brother range of embroidery machines. With features to save time and frustration, Toucan will be your helping hand.
Sending designs to your machine has never been so easy and now you can have all the information you need while you're embroidering, right beside you. Toucan allows you to break away from your computer to store and manage all your designs in a fully-featured, quality device.
Toucan is designed to work with .PES files.
The catalog feature gives you quick and easy access to all of your designs with viewing options, design details and more!
Scroll through your designs and view them via thumbnails
View all the design details (thread colours, time, size, etc)
View your design colour sequence
Add your own keywords to the design name
Easily add/import new designs
Toucan has made your design management a whole lot easier with the ability to search, manage and view designs by keywords.
Search by keywords
Search by hoop size
Search by stitch time
Manage your own inventory with the help of Toucan. Choose your brand of thread and sort out your thread stash by what you have and what you need!
Create your thread shopping list
Choose different thread brands
Mark which threads you already have in your stash
Toucan will suggest the closest thread that you own that's suitable for a design
Save time and frustration by sending designs directly to your machine with the easy-to-use Wi-Fi function* or the USB input. With just the press of a button, your design will be ready to go on your embroidery machine!
You can also use USB connectivity to transfer your designs. Just connect a USB stick to your tablet, click 'Send to USB' then connect the USB to your machine to import them.
*Compatible with Wi-Fi enabled Brother embroidery machines
USB stick with Toucan 2 embroidery app, 300 embroidery designs + 50 packs of John Deer's Embroidery Legacy designs
Yes, it will be possible to buy Toucan without the included tablet. However we can't guarantee it will work on other brands since Toucan is designed specifically for the Samsung Galaxy range of tablets. Contact us if you'd like to purchase the Toucan app separately.
What machines does this app work with?
Toucan can connect in 3 different ways:
Wirelessly to the XP1 and Stellaire machines
By USB stick to almost any modern Brother machine
By USB direct connect to some older Brother machines
Can we trade in our old one?
We will be offering a discount on the new Toucan package to any previous Toucan owners. Just contact us for special pricing.
Is Toucan 2 compatible with older machines?
Older embroidery machines are more of a challenge as they are starting to have compatibility problems with new computers and tablets. Unfortunately, we don’t have a lot of the older machines in store however, if you're near one of our stores you're welcome to bring in your machine to try it with Toucan.
What is the storage design and can you set your own filing criteria?
Toucan lets you browse PES files in their existing folder structure. Designs (and PDFs) can be imported from a USB drive and will maintain their folder structure as they come across. In addition you can manually assign keywords to designs to help organise them. This process happens automatically with some Adorable Ideas designs.
Toucan isn't designed as a replacement for the organisation of designs on your computer. Rather it gives you a convenient way of keeping your most commonly used designs handy in your sewing room, along with the key information you need while you're embroidering.
Will it work if you have more than 2GB of files?
You can't expand the tablet's 32GB of storage, but you wouldn't want to. Toucan only imports PES, PDF and ZIP files so this is an enormous amount of storage space for embroidery designs. We recommend storing no more than 20,000 designs on Toucan. Keep your whole collection on your computer and just bring across what you need to Toucan as you go.
Are the PR series embroidery machines Wi-Fi capable?
The PR range are not currently Wi-Fi enabled, only the new XP1 and Stellaire range. You can still use a USB drive to transfer designs from Toucan to any PR.
Will Toucan 2 work on Apple devices?
Unfortunately, Toucan can't work on an iPad since (until yesterday!) they didn't offer the crucial USB support. We have no plans to bring the app to iPad, they just don't have the hardware support we need.
Even if you have an iPad or other tablet, we recommend getting the Samsung Tab just to use for embroidery. The smaller size is much more convenient for keeping beside your machine or using the camera with the new Brother apps. Plus you're not tying up your main iPad or filling its storage. Keep your Toucan tablet just for what it does well!
The term ‘Echidna Sewing Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is . Our ABN is 49 612 966 319. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
1. Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of information
Collecting information on registered members
3. As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
4. Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
Credit card details
5. Credit Card details are only stored for the processing of payment and will be deleted once payment is processed.
6. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
7. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
8. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
9. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
10. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting information for users
11. Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Cookies and applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
Access to information
13. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
14. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
15. We provide links to websites outside of our websites, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that website and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions