Embroider a 'Mylar' design
Try embroidering over Opal Mylar film with a sparse stitch to create a stunning glistening effect. Mylar embroidery is easy, vibrant and a great technique to help you reduce your stitch count in large embroidery designs!
How to stitch a Mylar region in your embroidery design
- Stitch the single running stitch to outline the region where you will place the Mylar (i.e. the low-density area of the design where the Mylar will show).
- Place one piece of Opal Mylar film over the design. You can use painters tape to hold in place.
- Stitch the Mylar film down with the next single running stitch, outlining the Mylar region.
- Embroider ALL loose fill stitch elements onto the Mylar film.
- Before you embroider the finishing stitches, tear or cut away the Mylar film.
- Finish the design with a stitch to outline the Mylar area of the design.