Create these sweet, homely decorative projects featuring a cheerful assortment of applique and embroidered blocks. Including homes of all shapes and sizes, a cozy couch, sofa, floor lamps, chenille potted plants and sweet sentiments, you'll learn fun embroidery techniques and enjoy traditional piecing with each block.
- Choose between eight embroidered houses—from your first apartment building, to a two-story in the suburbs, then grandpa and grandma’s farmhouse, even a retro RV.
- Traditional quilt blocks include pinwheels, a large windmill star, flying geese, plus stars to frame the embroidered sentiment blocks.
- Pieced picture blocks include the tall floor lamp, sofa, and apartment building.
These projects feature delight in every detail like polka-dot glitter lamp shades with fringe borders, chenille succulent stems and ribbon flowers. The mylar and vinyl used brightens the lampposts and house windows while flexi foam creates a soft dimension to the couch cushions. Embellishments such as twine and darling adornments can be added to produce a lovely result.
7 Projects included:
- 'Make yourself at home' Quilt
- 'Build your own neighbourhood' Bench Pillow
- 'Hello & make yourself at home' Bench Buddies (2 sizes)
- 'Neighbourhood block party' Table Topper
- 'If I have to stir it, it's homemade' Tea Towel
- 'If you can read this, dry the dishes' Tea Towel