Luck 'o the Irish: Manual Techniques in Generations
Are you ready to advance beyond 7-click auto-digitizing and take full control of your designs? This 42 page fully-illustrated, detailed step-by-step guide can lead you!
In this lesson, you'll digitize three designs from scratch: a shamrock, a hat, and some lettering striped and colored to mimic the Irish flag. You'll turn the first two into Building Blocks and then combine them with the third and eliminate any excess layering. Each one uses slightly different techniques that leverage the built in tools in Generations. You'll be amazed at what you can accomplish!
What You’ll Learn
Even if you aren't Irish, you'll learn all sorts of useful things you can do with Generations:
- How to break down a design into pieces
- How to use the Punch Ring and Heart on the Punch bar
- How to work with Create Satin Side-to-Side tool (Create bar)
- How to work with Create True Ellipse tool (Create bar)
- How to work with Create Freehand area tool (Create bar)
- How to use the Insert Text tool
- How to Divide with A Line
- How to create an outline from an area
- How to change stitch properties
- How to use Guides
- How to create and use Building Blocks
What You’ll Need
- A computer with Generations™ digitizing software loaded and operational
- Light familiarity with Generations™ menus, palettes, and operation
- An embroidery machine with a minimum sewing field of 50mm x 70mm
- Suitable embroidery supplies for test sewing (threads, needles, stabilizers, fabric)
- One 42-page, full color illustrated step-by-step PDF
- Four sample designs created for this project in Generations™ format
Please click on the image for a larger view.