Embroider Buddy care
With the amount of love our Embroider Buddy stuffed animals get from toddlers and kids who take them everywhere from the bedroom to daycare, on holidays, road-trips and more it’s inevitable that they’ll need to be washed and freshened up from time to time.
Embroider Buddy stuffed animals are made to be loved and so they are also easy to clean and also washing machine friendly.
Here are some helpful tips and tricks to care for your Embroider Buddy
- Remove the pods from both the head and body of your Embroider Buddy. They are both safe in the washing machine, but for best results, wash them separately.
- Place each piece in a mesh bag or a pillowcase with a zipper to protect them. This step is especially important if you are using a top-loader machine that has an agitator, as the bags will protect them from getting caught or snagged.
- Wash them on delicate cycle in cold water.
- Use the soap that you would use to care for your baby or toddlers clothes. We recommend something that is irritant free.
- Like all of your stuffed animals, skip the dryer and hang to dry.
- Spot clean with a damp cloth and/or for tough stains, try gentle scrubbing with a toothbrush.
- Use cold water and gentle detergent, mild dish soap or baby shampoo.
- We recently saw this life hack for hand-washing bras and think that it would work great for washing Embroider Buddy® stuffed animals too.
- And perhaps the most important tip of all: Do not plan on washing your Embroider Buddy® at naptime or bedtime. This one, we know from personal experience.
This article was originally posted on the Embroider Buddy website (2015).