Please note: This is available as an eBook Bundle (PDFs) which is delivered on CD. It is also available as a Download. Please select your preference.
Judith Turner has clearly defined how a person should perform a number of sewing alterations, which can't be described with just one simple instruction. Even something that would seem so simple as shortening a pair of jeans, before marking and cutting, the jeans need to be pinned.
You have to take into consideration a number of things such as:
- Should the person wear shoes, joggers or dress shoes?
- What about the width at the base of the jean?
- Will the length be affected by the width?
Judith needed to impart all that information but in a structured way that would be easy to understand. Here is some of what you will find in this 228 pages in this book.
- Shortening the length of trousers, jeans, dresses, tops, shirts or jackets. (There are not too many people who can buy "off the rack" and wear it straight away.)
- Fitting a garment to a body shape. (This means taking garments in.)
- Replace broken zippers. (Why throw the jeans or trousers away just because the zip has broken?)
Plus, you will also get the following eBooks included:
These eBooks include step-by-step written instructions, plus videos and illustrations!
- Replace a jean zip
- Replace and invisible zip
- Trousers - Fix 4 - Common problems
- Shorten trousers with cuffs
- Shorten sleeves in a lined jacket with mitred vent
- Shorten sleeves in a lined jacket with a bagged split
- Shorten sleeves in a lined jacket from the sleeve cap
- How to shorten lined skirts with a bagged split
- Shorten sleeves on shirts - 3 methods
- Fix trousers with baggy back leg
- Create sleeves for sleeveless garments
- Fix gaping back on jeans - sway back
- The secret to sewing jeans and how to replace a jean zip
- Shorten sleeves on a leather or suede jacket